Dear Students and Parents,
It is a pleasure for me to welcome you back to school! Our theme this year is “We are Family” and our motto is “Today’s the Day to….” It is going to be a fabulous year! I will get right down to business and list the items that are most important for your return to Delta High School.
Principal Teresa Thompson
Delta High’s Mission statement:
To provide a medium where students can gain the knowledge, skills, and self-worth necessary for them to reach their potential and become productive members of an ever-changing society.
- Increase the reading and writing skills of all students attending DHS
Meet State and Federal Standards
- Increase percent of students proficient in end of level testing
- Increase the overall score of students taking the ACT
- Increase the number of students who improve their level of proficiency
- Increase the number of students taking advantage of college level classes
- Increase the number of students participating in extra-curricular activities.
- Provide students with opportunities to gain an appreciation for past traditions and contributions.
- Gain an appreciation of different cultures
- Become a productive and contributing member of society
Delta High School
What We Believe
We believe that students need to have good feelings about themselves. They need to feel capable, worthwhile, and appreciated. Their self-esteem influences their ability to relate with others and learn successfully.
We believe that positive self-esteem and appropriate behavior are best promoted by making our expectations clear, consistent, and achievable, while praising acceptable behavior.
We believe that if students are provided a caring atmosphere, quality instruction, and the opportunity to experience success they will enjoy and accept their responsibility for learning.
We believe that a learning program designed to meet the individual needs of all students will help prepare them to face the changes and challenges of the future.
We believe that the home is of primary importance to the educational development of each child. We want to work closely with the parents and/or guardians to provide the best environment and encouragement for each child.
We believe that using the latest in information, materials, and technology will help us to become better educators and give our students the best chance to succeed academically.
We believe that students will benefit from being involved in some aspect of extra-curricular activities. We feel that those involved assume pride and ownership in the school and can learn positive habits that they may not be able to learn otherwise.